The Muse and Music – Poetry Workshop
Immerse yourself in Carmen Cullen’s Poetry Videos, incorporating images from Signal’s Deirdre Ridgway. Meet Deirdre and musician collaborator
Gerry Anderson. Listen to a live performance of poems by Carmen, then make a poem. With guitar accompaniment, you can listen to and/or record this collective poem.
- Poetry Workshop.
- Two video poems and two spoken poems. Accompanied on guitar by Gerry Anderson.
- Talk on the background to the poems.
- Talk by Gerry Anderson on composing music, in response to writing.
- Collective writing exercise. One line by each member of the group on a given theme prompted by the poems. These Lines collected and read as a single poem by Carmen.
- Reading, and/or Reading and Recording of this poem with an improvised accompaniment by Gerry Anderson.
- Question time.